Noodles are the perfect food to use for making a quick meal in a pinch. They can be eaten cold, cooked in broth, or used for a stir-fry. If you’re trying to eat more healthily, you should try to use a wide variety of noodles, since this will give you more variety. If you’re cooking for a crowd, simply cook up a big batch of noodles and store them in the fridge. So, which noodles should you use?
Switch to Healthier Noodles
Noodles are an amazing ingredient for making soup and are one of the best ways to use up leftover vegetables and meat. There are a vast number of types of noodles, and it can be a little confusing which one you should use. Here we’ll explore the main types of noodles and the best ways to use them.
If you want to eat healthily, then you may want to check out the following several types of noodles:
- Egg noodles – Egg noodles are an excellent choice for most people-but not everyone. The protein in egg noodles is the same as the protein in meat, so if you’re a vegan, you probably won’t benefit from eating them. If you’re eating egg noodles for the first time, then you want to try them with a sauce. (They usually come with a sauce.) You also may not want to eat egg noodles if you have an allergy to eggs or if you have a high cholesterol level.
- Kelp noodles – Kelp noodles, made from sea kelp, when cooked, have the texture of noodles. These are low in calories, high in protein, and have a low-fat content. It is also gluten-free and is packed with iron, calcium, and vitamins. They are sometimes also known as sea rice noodles and brown rice noodles. They are made from brown rice and usually made with a mixture of brown rice and shiitake mushrooms, although any type of mushrooms can be used. The mushrooms are stir-fried with the noodles in a sauce or broth; this recipe is called Honey Mushroom Kelp Noodles.
- Rice Vermicelli noodles – If you are looking to eat healthily but are not willing to give up the foods you love and have been eating for years, rice noodles can be an excellent alternative to wheat-based noodles. These are made with rice flour and water and are typically used in soups and stir-fries. They are also available in many assorted flavors and are a wonderful choice to incorporate into your favourite noodle dishes.
- Wheat Ramen noodles – Ramen noodles have been making the rounds for years now, especially in Asian countries. The noodles are smooth, soft, and so good that they’ve been featured on many television shows and in movies like The Internship and The Hangover. These are great for making red-braised dishes like soup and combine well with other noodles. You could also make this with the help of a ramen kit.
- Soba noodles – Soba, or buckwheat noodles, are popular in many Japanese recipes, while wheat noodles are commonly used in Chinese and Asian dishes. Using these noodles rather than regular noodles is an excellent choice, as they are much lower in carbohydrates and are packed with nutrients. It has light and delicate, with a twist of nutty flavour. They are also an excellent source of fiber, which is especially important if you are trying to lose weight. If you have a sensitive stomach or are a vegan, then soba noodles are the best choice for you since they are made from buckwheat flour.
- Quinoa noodles – If you’ve never heard of quinoa noodles, you might be asking yourself: what are quinoa noodles? Well, you should know that quinoa, a plant that is not actually a grain but a seed, is full of protein and high in fiber, making it a smart choice for a weight loss diet. If you want to lose weight, but you don’t want to give up the flavour and texture of good pasta, and you’re looking for a good substitute, you should consider quinoa noodles.
Noodles are one of the healthiest ingredients found in pasta dishes. They are made of starches that are rich in fiber and low on calories and are especially good for your health when you are on a diet and want to lose weight. That’s why so many people use noodles in their diet. There are so many distinct types of noodles, yet not all of them are the same. You will have to choose the best noodles for yourself depending on your personal taste and preference.